2.09.2011

{Quinoa}


I'm on a major quinoa kick right now. I LOVE it. I eat it nearly everyday. Quinoa a.k.a mana from heaven is a grain-like crop from South America. The Incas used to call it the 'mother of all grains'. The cool thing about Quinoa is that it's jam-packed with protein, unlike wheat or rice. What's even better is that Quinoa is a complete protein, it's gluten-free, and it's a great source of fiber. Alright, I promise I'm done geeking out on grain. I'll admit, I did just spent far too long caught up in a wikipedia adventure on ancient grain-like crops. Weird.

Anyways, ever since my friend Anna and I did the Clean Program (we ate lots 'o quinoa) my love for this ancient little grain has flourished. So you can only image the utterly pure geeky joy that came over me when i found a treasure trove of quinoa recipes today on whole living.

{Here they are }

3 comments:

Madeline said...

Haha...our blogs match. We are such the saleswomen for quinoa right now. Eat up.

Allie said...

Delish! Gotta bookmark some of these.

Ahn said...

my mouth is watering for quinoa...never thought i'd say that.

Post a Comment