1.30.2011

{Homemade Fruit and Nut Bars}

I'm in to healthy snacks. I'm also in to portable snacks. So, I made up some delicious little "Lara bar" copy cats today. I must say they came out great. I don't mean to toot my own horn... but, i mean... toot toot!

No Bake Blueberry Cocoa bars
- about 1/4 cup of pepitas
- about 1/4 cup of raw almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons do almond butter
- 3-4 dried figs
- 1 table spoons of cocoa power

1.
Blend the figs, blueberries, cocoa powder, brown rice syrup, and almond butter in a food processor.
2.
Adds the seeds and nuts. Blend briefly so that there are still larger chucks left.
3.
Mold the mixture in to a square pan or tupperware using a spoon. Make sure to pack it down tightly.
4.
Cut the molded mixture in to bars and remove from pan.
5.
Eat em up.

1 comments:

Madeline said...

Gonna go make these right now.

Post a Comment